Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The State of Gaming

Over the past 4 years or so I've played a large selection of games, everything from FPS to RPG and the dreaded MMO. Some of the games have been worthwhile, others not so much. The only games that have managed to hold my attention for more than a couple weeks have been World of Warcraft and the Half-life 2 games and their associated mods.

Of course I've had a few moments of turning back to classics like StarCraft and Civ4, but most of my 30-40 hours a week of gaming is spent either farming on my druid or beating HL2 for the 13th time (6 times for ep.1 and 3 for ep.2.) This is an arguably repetitive gaming life, switching back and forth between an MMO and a single-player FPS.

My main question is, when will something new come out that can actually grab my attention? I know people have been raving about CoD4 and Bioshock and a few other games, but I want a new FPS, something actually different.

No comments: