Thursday, September 25, 2008

1st Place

I don't know how else to explain my feelings about tonight. I just got home from celebrating the victory and I still feel wide awake. I can't wait to watch us clinch the division and hear Ozzie Guillen come up with even more stupid reasons why his team fails. Seriously, tonight was amazing. I would go so far as to say this was the most exciting Twins game I have been to since Game 7 in '87. Absolutely amazing, electrifying energy in the dome, the whole place felt like a 50,000 person party. After the game everyone was singing and chanting in the streets. Random people passed us on the sidewalk and everyone would start cheering and yelling. I love being a part of a city filled with that kind of joy.

The best description of the night: on Baseball Tonight the #1 Webgem tonight wasn't given to a player, it was The Minnesota Twins. Baseball is a team sport and nowhere is that more true than here. I love this game.

2 comments:

Garrison said...

only one way to comment on that game and that is to say this:

Greatest regular season twins game (maybe even AL game) ever and greatest twins game in well over a decade.

I only wish I could have been there in person but you all know I'm there in spirit.

Garrison said...

Fucking coin flip how the hell does the MLB get off not even considering the series record for home field advantage of a play-in game. I'm fairly certain home field advantage give a bigger than one mother fucking run.

On side note Justin doesn't deserve MVP this year. Great numbers but he didn't deliver in the clutch. I pray he comes back strong again next year.

I'm liking Mijares for setup man next year if Neshak is a bit weak in his comeback and I've also very curious to see what we do with Young, Span, Gomez, and Cuddy all healthy. Does Gomez start the year in AAA?

All I know is that I'm pissed because I don't think the Twins got the game they deserved. And lastly FUCK AJ