Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Go Gus Go!

Those of you who've spent any amount of time with me in the last couple weeks have probably heard me rant about firing Childress and benching Tarvaris. Well, today I got half of my wish. Hopefully having Frerotte start at QB for us will at least give our offense some semblance of multidimensionality (yes, that is a word even though Firefox didn't think so.)

Since Childress actually appears to be trying something new, I'd like to back off on some of the criticism I've thrown his way recently. Yes, he is still a horrible play caller and I'm still ready to hate on him at the drop of a hat. But for now, I figure he's at least earned himself another week before I start calling for his head again.

As for the Twins, I'm currently watching us fall behind the Indians, again, and I have nothing to say. My sadness is too overwhelming to comment on the situation.

2 comments:

Garrison said...

I agree it was time to give Tavaris a break at the least. He might have the tools (I question if he has the brains) but he had no confidence stemming from preseason. He needs a chance to step back and learn that you don't need to "make" plays in the Childres pussy fuck offense, nope you need to be simply adequate as Gus proved.

Gus is not the answer, he has a sub-50% career wins but he allows us to take the focus off T-Jack and let the running game/defense win the game.

God was it nice to see Jared Allen start owning, Winfield continue to score, and EJ is coming into his own in the middle. Apparently EJ played with the Spore creature creator and added wings to him self.

On the twins front, we can just be happy we are in the division behind a choke artist as any other 1st place team would have shot us like the gimped horse we have been lately.

Mark Myers said...

If EJ had truly changed himself using SPORE he would've been way more boring than he was.