Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rain of Hats

As much as I hope the Rain of Hats that fell on the Metrodome floor during the bottom of the 7th tonight doesn't become a tradition (I hope it doesn't happen again for that matter) I do believe that the sheer energy of the fans getting behind Gardy during his very justified tirade helped to spur us on to victory. The White Sox fleeing the field and the proceeding to hide, obviously terrified of the prospect of being hit by the most deadly weapon known to man, the baseball cap, made the entire building erupt with the type of vengeful energy that can electrify even the slumpiest of hitters. Every time Ozzie Guillen stepped onto the field to change pitchers from that point forth we got stronger, the crowd booed louder, and the players scored more.

As an addendum, I am totally ok with Griffey going to play for the Sox so long as Swisher plays 1B for the rest of the year cause that guy SUCKS.

5 comments:

Garrison said...

I was so bummed I didn't get to watch this game live. Sounds like a classic Twins/Sox matchup. Did the booing increase with each AJ at bat as well? I don't know why we boo a guy that was an ass but a good ass and the trade with him gave us so much. oh well

At least we are back to 0.5 games back and facing Cle at home with hernandez not pitching for awhile.

How do you feel about the bring Lirano up and drop Livan from the rotation? What in the hell are we going to do with Livan? And the greatest question...how is Mike Lamb still in a Twins uniform? He is playing worse then Punto last year.

Mark Myers said...

First, I'm glad Livan is gone, Liriano deserves that spot, especially since Livan has sucked so much recently.

Second, forget Mike Lamb, why is Everett back with the team? What about Tolbert or Macri? The guy is hitting UNDER .180 for fucks sake.

Looks like Livan and Monroe are gone for good unless they decide to humble themselves and play some minor league for us. I suppose they could both use it to try and look decent again, but I kinda doubt it will happen. Ruiz went 1-3 tonight (I was there agin, I can't stay away) and had decent at bats. Liriano is obviously a long term fixture of our staff, so I would expect him to be around at the major league level from now until forever.

Garrison said...

Yes thank god that the old crust free agents have been gleaned from our youthful forward looking team. Oh how I'm jealous of you and your getting to see it all live.

I would bet big money that if tolbert was not hurt or if casilla did not go down with injury everet would be leaving on a jet plane as well.

I do think the twins made one decent infield acquisition for a change. Harris has been a nice fit for our team I think, a bit streaky from time to time but I like his feel with us.

Mark Myers said...

Word, Harris has been great. I can't wait for Casilla to get back so we don't have to deal with batting-his-weight (.178) Adam Everett.

Garrison said...

Since you haven't posted I'll just have to comment, Freaking adam everett with a 2-run homer...wtf?

Granted it was against former twin free agent acquisition the incredible Ponson but still who new everett could do something other than fill in until Casilla is healthy.